You can find more information about the pages, videos, and other files shared on infoexposure.com via our Sitemap: https://www.infoexposure.com/.com/sitemap.xml
For the newbie;
A sitemap is a file placed on your website in which you list the individual pages of your website. Search engines use sitemaps to index and understand your site and its architecture, while web users can utilize them to quickly find specific pages on your site.
Where can you place your sitemap
As a rule of thumb, It is best recommended to add your Sitemap at the root directory of your HTML server; that is, add it at http://example.com/sitemap.xml.
Is sitemap an essential SEO practice
Having a sitemap in place is paramount for good SEO practices, and a good SEO practice is key in bringing in traffic and revenue to your website. Sitemaps are absolutely essential if we want search engines to crawl and index your website so that the content within it can be ranked within the search results
What are the best tools to create a sitemap?
- Slickplan; the Best Sitemap Generator for Beginners. At the top of the list is Slickplan, which is a great option if you’re new to the world of sitemaps
- Write Maps; This sitemap generator is great for intentional use of XML code in your site’s link structure. XML is very useful to master as it is the language search engines tend to rely on when crawling through your site.
- PowerMapper; this is another great sitemap generator, the visual representation of PowerMapper tends to be on the more technical side of website architecture.
- Mindnode; This sitemap generator is commonly used by creative designers who want their websites to be efficient for SEO ranking. It has a strong emphasis on the visual representative appeal for your sitemap, so use it if you have a preference for colors and easy-to-understand mapping of your site’s web pages.
- Screaming Frog; this sitemap generator is particularly useful for webmasters who want to use a sitemap generator to focus on SEO. It provides an SEO analysis tool that significantly helps tie in your brand’s best keywords with the link structure of your site.
- Sitemap Writer Pro; this is one of the fastest sitemap generators available, and it provides you with seven different sitemaps right off the bat! It’s an incredibly user-friendly tool that would be great for beginners.
How often should sitemaps be submitted?
To be candid you only need to submit it when your site first goes live. After that, you should try to keep your site map as up to date as possible so that any time Google crawls your site they will have the latest update to your site. Remember that Google looks for the sitemap.
How to check if your sitemap is working
- Open Screamingfrog and select “List Mode”
- Grab the URL of your sitemap file ie http://example.com/sitemap.xml.
- Head to Upload > Download Sitemap.
- ScreamingFrog will confirm the URLs found in the sitemap file.
- Click Start to start crawling
If you ever want to improve the searchability of your site on the internet, having a sitemap in place is the quickest and shortest route in achieving your aims.