How to create a YouTube channel (A-Z) tips
- Are you tired of being idle?
- Are you a stay home mum?
- Do you want to earn some extra money to spend traveling the world?
If you have all these questions running through your mind, save your breath as I share with you exciting tips on how to create and generate income doing what you love best on YouTube.
Yes, making money on YouTube is real! a lot of people like you are already taking advantage of this idea and they are smiling to the bank with money coming from their YouTube account. You too can be part of this trending idea and begin to earn bucks of dollars every month. Before we get started I would like us to have a brief idea on what YouTube is all about
YouTube is a global video-sharing website created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005. In November 2006, it was bought by Google for US$1.65 billion. YouTube now operates as one of Google’s subsidiaries. The site allows users to upload, view, rate, share and comment on videos, and it makes use of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, and Adobe Flash Video technology to display a wide variety of user-generated and corporate media video. Available content includes video clips, TV clips, music videos, movie trailers, and other content such as video blogging, short original videos, and educational videos.
Who is YouTube designed for?
YouTube is designed for everyone who will adhere strictly to its terms and conditions
What do I need to get started?
- Getting started with a YouTube account, you will need to have the followings:
- A laptop/desktop computer internet-enabled or
- An android device internet-enabled
- A Gmail account click here to sign up for a Gmail account
How to sign up for YouTube
After creating a Gmail account next thing for you to do is to open your browser and search www.yotube.com or if you already have the YouTube app for android click on it you will automatically be directed to YouTube homepage, click on the “Sign In” button at the top right corner and then log in with your Google account credentials try to create a playlist or upload a video and you will be asked to create a channel click on create a channel to become a registered YouTube user without you having to do anything, automatically Google will simply pull all the information that you used when you signed up for Gmail to create a new YouTube account, and then it will link it to your existing username. Yes is that simple, easy, and fast to set up using your personal Gmail account.
After signing up what’s next?
After successfully signing up for a YouTube account next is to verify your account to be in good standing
How to verify your account?
You can verify your account by sign in, on the homepage click on video manager on top of your channel art and you will be directed to a new page go to where you have channel click on it then click features you have this.
Click on verify you’ll be asked to provide a phone number for account verification, so they can send you a verification code via voice call or SMS. Once you’ve verified your account, you will be able to upload videos longer than 15 minutes, as long as your account is in good standing.
Why does YouTube require us to get verified by phone number?
They take spam and abuse very seriously, so using your phones to verify your identity is one way YouTube can protect its community and combat abuse.
Setting up your YouTube page
1. Upload your channel art/cover image. This is an image that is seen at the top of your channel page. The image or artwork you use will help to draw your viewer’s attention. This cover image which Includes your channel’s name or a message in the channel art is to set your channel apart from other YouTube channels.
2. Give a preferred name to your channel.
3. Give a brief description of your channel
4. Upload a video
5. Enable monetization for your video To do this on the top of your channel art where you have “video manager” click on it, In the left menu, select “channel” from the drop-down menu under channel select “status and features”. Next to “monetization” click “Enable” now you are ready to start earning money doing what you love best on YouTube. But you will be required to link to Google AdSense account if you don’t already have one the next paragraph will show you how to.
HOW TO ASSOCIATE AdSense ACCOUNT FOR WITH YOUR YouTube CHANNEL
Before you associate an AdSense account make sure your ads block on your browser is disabled or click here to download the new UC-browser.
Now sign in to your YouTube account after successfully monetizing your channel on top of your channel art where you have “video manager” click on it, in the left menu, select “channel” from the drop-down menu under channel select “Monetization” you will see a page like this displaying Account status, Guidelines and information see screenshot below
Now under Guidelines and information go to where you have the question “how will I get paid” click on it for the answer. Click on the embed link “associate AdSense account” and you will be directed to the next page. See screenshot below
On this page, you will need to select the Google account you want your AdSense account to be linked with. Then move over to the next page where your channel URL will be added and you will be required to choose your content language.
On this last stage you’ll be required to submit your credentials please ensure the name you use here is exactly the same as what you have on your bank account. If you are sure to have supplied your correct details click on submit and your account will be reviewed and approved in less than a week only when your account is in good standing. You will receive an email notifying of your account approval, Congratulations you are now fully ready to earn money with YouTube.